Saturday, July 20, 2019

Mods And Repairs: VW Golf (automatic) Design Fault?




VW Golf (automatic) design fault? Have you ever accidentally and inadvertently had your foot stuck on both accelerator and brake pedals at the same time on your VW Golf? Are you American by any chance, or do you just have huge feet? - EvelynThe ModifiedDog. That's nonsense. You can rest assured that if this was a "built in fault" VAG would have been sued by now. Yes, it happened to me, and it is not true what the other postings say. I think it's faulty design, because I'm a careful driver, passed the Advanced Test. It was lucky, it was only a driveway wall I hit, but it could easily have been a child or old person. PS I'm not American, but what has that to do with anything? The guy who ran me down and left me with a limp owned a garage. No qualification to assure anyone of anything, rest assured. But to answer the question, yes, my neighbour described exactly that, and I didn't believe him until I went to look at it. It's true, and the smaller your feet the easier it is to get them stuck.





It cost him his no claims bonus, and as another posting said, it could have been a fatality, not just an accident. Answers always the rudest and dogmatic? Is there any chance of me getting insured in a mk2 golf 1.3? Volkswagen Golf of any age is not a classic car, classic cars have to have been built before 01/01/1973. Yes you can get insurance for the car but it's going to cost you lots because of your age. The only thing you can do is shop around and maybe look for restricted mileage policies, I also wouldn't bother with fully comp it's too expensive for you. You could try getting pass plus training which may help reduce your costs but do not consider getting your parents to front you on their insurance policy. Dont do it, it aint worth it believe me. Yes you will get insured unless there is something very unusual about one of the very many things that determine the price.





You need to ask a few insurance companies this question because you're getting a lot of wrong info here. You will get insurance for a Mk2 1.3 Golf at 17, but it'll still be quite dear, there's nothing you can do about this apart from get a bit older and not crash. You CAN get classic insurance on a Mk2 Golf, the youngest of which is now at least 17 years old. Different insurance companies have different ideas of what constitutes a classic car, some will accept a car at 15 years old. You CAN get classic car insurance at 17, I'm in a classic car club and a few of the younger guys have managed to insure things like Austin 1100s, Minis, VW Beetles etc at 17, so again, ask around. It'll still be well over a grand, though. The cut off point for a classic car is actually 12 years of age per Adrian Flux Classic Insurance.





I have a 1981 Saab 99 Turbo so insured. As a young person I am certain you will not be able to avail yourself of this as the broker will question you about driving experience and years no claims bonus. I had to send proof of my NC bonus although I was assured it was not "being used" for the classic policy. Sadly there is no way you can defeat the Insurance system without being untruthful. You can "help" your quote by naming an experienced driver as a "named driver" on your own insurance policy. Could I bring a 2010 Volkswagen Scirocco from Europe to the US? I just love the design and the rims and all the nice stuff. I liked it so much I asked myself if I could bring it over to the US from Europe. 1) I'm pretty sure you can bring the vehicle into the US, so as long as it meets the standard emissions in the US.