Thursday, August 15, 2019

Real Review Of The 2019 VW Jetta




The all-new 2019 VW Jetta Launch Party drew Riverside, California resident Ian Duarte to Ontario Volkswagen to test drive the high-tech new ride. Ian rode along with his friend Michelle Bentley and the two diehard Volkswagen fans had nothing but high marks for the latest innovation from their favorite automaker. Hear Ian鈥檚 review of the 2019 Jetta in this DriveSoCal Podcast. Ian Duarte: I think the MQV platform has actually gave interior of the car more space, basically, without making the car bigger. Virtual cockpit, really cool. A lot of nice little things to mess with. I definitely love the tail lights and the headlights on these cars. Tom Smith: Welcome to iDriveSoCal, a podcast all about mobility from the automotive capital of the United States, southern California. Ian Duarte: Riverside, California. Tom Smith: From Riverside, California. Ian just got back with Michelle from a 2019 Jetta test drive. Ian, tell me what you thought.





Ian Duarte: Well I can give you a different point of view over here, 鈥檆ause I was sitting in the back seat as she was driving, yeah. Tom Smith: So Michelle, did she let you drive? Ian Duarte: I let her drive, yeah. Ian Duarte: You鈥檒l see you get a different perspective here. Tom Smith: Absolutely. We need that perspective. I鈥檓 just putting the relationship together. Like, all right, Michelle鈥檚 the driver, Ian鈥檚 in the backseat. Ian Duarte: Back seat driver. Tom Smith: So, how was the trunk, Ian? Ian Duarte: The trunk is actually pretty roomy. Tom Smith: It is. I was just kidding. How was the back seat? Tell me about the ride. Tom Smith: I love all the technology, innovation, including how they鈥檙e innovating with engineering the interior of the car. What else do you think? Ian Duarte: I really like the virtual cockpit. Tom Smith: So, did you get to drive, or you just got to see the virtual cockpit?





Ian Duarte: I just got to see it. Tom Smith: All right, yeah. It is pretty cool. Ian Duarte: Well, I like the way the leather felt. Ian Duarte: Because hers, SEL, being leather seats as well, I feel like they did a little nice update on their leather, as well. Tom Smith: Very high quality. Tom Smith: With the pin hole and everything. Ian Duarte: Oh, yeah. Tom Smith: It was like, all right, I鈥檓 getting into a quality car. To me, it felt like a lot more car than the price point. Ian Duarte: Oh, yeah, of course. If you鈥檙e gonna look at the competitors, obviously, you have a way nice interior, exterior, and performance, versus the competitors. Tom Smith: Okay. All right, so, it sounds like you鈥檙e a bit of a car guy, as well as Michelle鈥檚 car girl. Ian Duarte: Oh, yeah, of course, oh yeah.





Tom Smith: All right, so then, I鈥檓 gonna throw this at you as well. What are your top three things with the 2019 Jetta? Ian Duarte: Top three is definitely I like how it鈥檚 on the MQV platform. Ian Duarte: Virtual cockpit, really cool. A lot of nice little things to mess with. Ian Duarte: And I definitely love the tail lights and the headlights on these cars. Tom Smith: Man, you guys are both there with those lights, huh? Tom Smith: It does look good. It looks really good. I鈥檓 looking forward to seeing one down the road when it鈥檚 like dusk, and at night. Ian Duarte: At night, oh yeah. Tom Smith: Yeah, yeah, definitely. Well, all right. Ian, thank you so much for joining me. I really appreciate it. Thanks for coming out to the 2019 launch party here at Ontario Volkswagen. Ian Duarte: Yeah, thanks for having us. Tom Smith: Yeah, absolutely. For I Drive So Cal, I鈥檓 Tom Smith. Thank you for listening.