Monday, June 29, 2020

EZT Carbon Fiber-Perforated Steering Wheel (VW MK7)

EZT Carbon Fiber-Perforated Steering Wheel (VW MK7)





Features real Carbon Fiber upper and bottom, Perforated Leather sides, thicker wheel diameter, finger grooves, and your choice of stitching color and optional centerline. Check out Bird's review of our EZT custom wheels here! All kits come with the following to aid with the install. Kits have a lead time of up to 1 week if specified steering wheel is in stock, and 2-5 weeks if not currently in stock. Free shipping available for all shipments within the continental USA. You may re-use your trim and airbag if installing into the aforementioned vehicles. If retrofitting into another vehicle, trim/airbag may be needed. All optional trim pieces and steering wheel controls are OEM parts. Check out our Carbon Fiber Trim Rings, now available! Coding may be needed if retrofitting into a vehicle with a different airbag or steering wheel controls. Not all steering wheel controls will function properly on pre-2015 vehicles. Please research before attempting to retrofit into a vehicle not specified above. Just send us a quick note during checkout requesting a pre-paid return shipping label.





I enhance my sexiness all the time with cosmetics, push-up bras, and perfume. And there is nothing wrong with that! Besides the fake Vroom is important for safety. How is the vroom important for safety? Adding a roar to an engine that purrs is not all about catering to vanity, ego, and nostalgia. Adding engine noise is done for safety. Other drivers, cyclists, and pedestrians need to be able to hear a car approaching and need to be able to discern from what direction the vehicle is coming. This is particularly important to the blind who might otherwise step off the curb into the path of a car. The U.S. government is working on finalizing rules that will require all hybrid and electric cars to play fake engine sounds. In Europe, the European Parliament passed legislation that mandates the use of "Acoustic Vehicle Alerting Systems" for all new hybrid and electric vehicles. It is estimated that this could prevent thousands of fatalities on the roads.





So like it or not, if you buy a hybrid or all electric car, you will have to put up with the fake engine sounds. Are there any other benefits to sham vroom? Some automakers are trying to sell sham engine noises as a benefit instead of a deception. They claim that a totally silent car could be unnerving to a driver used to the vroom. Additionally, the fake vroom masks unwanted road noise like coming from bumps in the road or the whoosh of the wind. Additionally, those of us who drive like the proverbial "little old lady in tennis shoes" can now sound like dare-devil race car driver. Vroom. Vroom. Eat my dust. Are you ready for the future? In the future we may have cars that will drive themselves. What is your opinion of this? All for it--It will make auto travel faster and safer. It will never happen. I welcome your comments.





Sign in or sign up and post using a HubPages Network account. 0 of 8192 characters usedPost CommentNo HTML is allowed in comments, but URLs will be hyperlinked. Comments are not for promoting your articles or other sites. Nothing is what is seems anymore. Thanks for your comment. Thanks Kristen Howe: I only learned about it recently, and I was so amazed that I immediately sat down and wrote about. I think not too far off a car without fake engine sounds will be met with amazement. Catherine, this was an interesting hub about fake car engine sounds. I never thought of that. Vellur: Thanks for your comment. I think fake engine noise is new because electric and hybrid cars run too quietly. Interesting and informative hub. I never knew the vroom sound could be shammed, I always thought the engine was the culprit giving out the sound. Thank you Heidi for your votes and shares.





I'm with you. A car is just transportation. I'm excited about those driverless car of the future. Teleportation sounds good also. I think silent cars would be great, but there is the safety issue of being able to hear a car approaching. I think they add the vroom to some motorcycles too. It's the same issue with motorcycles. Do some of them need to be that loud? Well, not technically. But it's all part of the persona. I do appreciate the safety aspect of it. But the emotional kick? Could not care less. If I had my druthers, I'd never drive. I just like driving because it gives me freedom to go places when and how I want. For me, it's the destination, not the journey. Just waiting for Star Trek teleportation tech to be perfected. Voted up, interesting and sharing! Kevin--thanks for the share and pin. Like you, I found the idea about fake engine sounds on cars very interesting.