Saturday, July 25, 2020

Difference Between Jetta And Passat

Difference Between Jetta And Passat





Foremost, it is best to describe what a Jetta and a Passat really is. Both car models are actually two different cars manufactured by Volkswagen. The Volkswagen Jetta was originally launched to fit into the sedan marketplace, but it is barely over the niche of the smaller type of family car. To date, this car model has been marketed in different generations, like the Atlantic, Jetta City, Fox and Vento, among others. Actually, there was a time when Volkswagen named their cars according to different winds, and that鈥檚 why Jetta is actually a Germanic term that means 鈥榡et stream鈥? Secondly, the Passat is another car model from Volkswagen. Unlike the Jetta (a compact or somewhat small family car), the Passat actually belongs to the middle or larger class of family cars. That鈥檚 why many car lovers dub this model as the 鈥榮tretched Jetta鈥? With regards to style, the Passat boasts of a 鈥榥ot so imposing鈥?instrument panel.





Truly, this is a major plus to the blocky panel set-up of the Jetta. Moreover, it is said that more drivers judge the Passat as, aesthetically, the more beautiful car than the Jetta, most especially its newer version, that is seen to be more elegant and trendy than its classy predecessors. In terms of passenger accommodation, the Jetta may be the winner. Due of the car鈥檚 size, the Passat has a larger trunk, but its rear seats are said to be inferior to those of the Jetta. It is because the Jetta鈥檚 rear seats are not mounted so close to the car floor. The result is a better view of the front to those seated at the back, and more comfortable legroom. Conversely, the Passat鈥檚 rear seat is somewhat mounted too close to the floor, making thigh support poorer, and the headrests of the front car seats block the view. Lastly, with all these features, it is quite obvious that the Passat is more expensive; about a couple of thousand dollars more than the Jetta. 1. Etymologically, Volkswagen鈥檚 Jetta means 鈥榡et stream鈥? whereas the Passat translates to 鈥榯rade wind鈥? 2. The Jetta is relatively smaller, or a little shorter, than the Passat (stretched Jetta, approximately 9 inches longer). 3. The Passat does not have an imposing instrument panel, whereas the Jetta has a blocky panel. 4. The Passat has better accommodation for its rear passengers due to the position of its rear seats, when compared to its Jetta counterpart.





What an interesting time to have been alive. What a fun lens, I enjoyed learning more about the 70s because I was not really old enough in the 70s to remember it well. A fun trip back to my youth! I made my own bell bottoms with huge mushrooms, paisley and stripes and actually wore them to school! Reading your lens has brought back some wonderful memories. I graduated from high school in 1974 and I was on top of the world. We were the generation that was going to change the world. We may not have changed it, but we left our mark on it. I fondly remember the '70s because I just finished my schooling in 1973 and entered college. Those were the days of my emotions taking precedence over practical sense, falling in love almost with all sweet girls without their knowledge. Bell bottom pants, long hairs; I have also made the most of those fashion statements. Born 1966, and this was such a trip reading through the list.





I was grade school / middle school thru the 70's. I still remember going to a dance wearing bell-bottoms and those choker necklaces that had the ceramic painted figures like butterflies. What a funny old time. Born 1951 - hit right on this era as a young man. One of the best decades for me. Great lens - thanks for the memories. The 70s were a great decade for art, movies, music, and literature. We probably will never see its equal. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I grew up in the 70's and this lens is right on and groovy man! D I've been thinking about this time in my life a bunch this week. AV and 'Thank You'! I'm a 1970 baby myself! Loved the lens. The 70's were my college years - Peace, Love and Rock and Roll! Now I'm going to get my best of the 70's cd out and chill.