Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Now On The Tee

Now On The Tee





Sorry about the extended absence. Where did I leave off? Ah yes, the Boulder vacation! Sunday morning, Jacky and I accompanied Todd, Andrea and Cole to the town of Nederland. It's a mountain town 8233' above sea level and incredible 3000' higher than the city of Boulder. We had breakfast at a place called the Sundance Lodge and Cafe and then all went hiking on the Switzerland Trail for an hour or so after. Monday saw Jacky and I go hiking with Hudson, the family's german sheppard. I wish I remembered the name of the trail; memory is fuzzy after a couple weeks back at work I guess! I spent the afternoon wading around in the pool and getting a lovely sunburn in the fierce Colorado sun. Around 5pm, we get a call from Todd, saying he has the car and he'll be coming home soon. He wants Jacky and I to keep Andrea occupied around 6:00 so she doesn't see him arrive. Do you have any Pepto Bismol!





Oh man. Poor Jacky just isn't good at this stuff! While her sister shakes her head and moves toward the medicine cabinet, I shake my head while the girlfriend says "what was I supposed to do?". Somehow, Andrea didn't see Todd pull in. He walks in the door and presents a little gift bag to his wife, saying it's an early birthday present. Of course, three year old Cole wants to open the bag for his mom and proceeds to start pulling the wrapping tissue out of the bag. He chucks the key out of the bag as well and continues looking for something that's just not there. Andrea says upon seeing the key on the floor. Todd had a big bow on the Audi too! She of course was pretty speechless and thrilled. They put their son in the backseat and went for a little family drive while Jacky and I hung back at the house. We ended up having soup and sandwiches for supper instead of going out because of all the commotion.





This sedan is very fuel efficient, has front-wheel drive capabilities and was definitely designed with shorter individuals in mind. The various buttons are easy to reach by short drivers which makes this selection both safe and enjoyable to operate by shorter people. For those in search of a family vehicle with reliability, the Odyssey by Honda is another excellent option from this vehicle manufacturer. The interior of the Odyssey is quite roomy and there is phenomenal visibility even as the pedals remain very accessible for people who are short. Outstanding German engineering is not the sole feature that makes Volkswagen such a popular vehicle manufacturer. They also have great options that people can choose from when searching for a car for short people. The Passat by Volkswagen is a comfortable, premium sedan that is both reliable and fuel-efficient. In addition to the Passat, Volkswagen also manufactures the Golf which has top-notch visibility, a tilting steering wheel and adjustable seats. Either option would make a fantastic car for short people. There are numerous considerations that must be made before selecting a car for short people. The automobile should provide clear visibility over the steering wheel for a shorter individual. The foot pedals should be accessible or the manufacturer should provide pedals that can be adjusted. For additional safety, short drivers should be able to reach all power buttons and have the ability to sit a minimum of ten inches away from the front air bags. It is usually best to test drive several cars before selecting one that is perfectly suited for your specific interests.





I rode two nights in a row! For a relatively long time, too. It was nice and cool Monday, so great riding weather. Riv spooked at the beginning, but then he was fine, even when he could see horses running around like idiots outside waiting to come in. 2 weeks. We didn't really accomplish much, just getting back to some semblance of work. Yesterday was pretty warm and I surprised myself by actually riding. Nothing very special, just a lot of transitions, including trot-halt-trot. It's amazing how quickly a couple of those get him to lighten up and stop leaning on my hands! He's been pretty nice and forward, too. Last night he lost the forward a couple times, which just makes me appreciate how much better he is. You don't realize how important forward is until you're riding around and it feels like the horse just dropped out from under you because there's no energy there. To think that used to be his normal! I couldn't have asked for a horse with more try in him. I also just wanted to take a minute to say how much I love my barn. I love my barn.





I feel like my horses and I hit the jackpot. Let me count the ways. 1. BO is young and therefore doesn't hold the standards from 30 years ago as the ideal (you know, things like "oats are a great horse feed!"). She's up to date on what the current recommendations are and is very knowledgeable (especially with feeding!). 2. She's around all the time, so she's easy to talk to when you need to, and she's in the barn to see what's going on. Not in the barn? Call or text, expect a reply quickly. 3. Number one priority: Care of the horses. Period. No nickle-and-diming for anything "extra". The horses get what they need to thrive, and that's that. 4. Open to suggestions and easy to talk to. Ever have one of those BOs who do things one way and that's it, and the thought of asking for something different makes you want to wet yourself? Yeah, that's totally not how my barn is. BO is happy to discuss options and ideas, and there's never a worry that she'll dismiss what the horse owner has to say or get annoyed. 5. BO is on top of things. A while back, BO asked if I would be okay with switching Princess to a different grain. I said sure, as long as he keeps weight on, so she switched him over. Before I could mention that I felt he was losing weight, she had already changed his grain back. How cool is that? 7. It's small. Only 14 stalls, so there's never a ton of people. 8. I know that my horses will be taken care of.