Thursday, October 1, 2020

"Purchasing Efficiency Measurement" By Jonathan Svoboda And Derek Lagasse

"Purchasing Efficiency Measurement" By Jonathan Svoboda And Derek Lagasse





Consumers today face an ever-increasing number of choices when deciding what purchases to make. Nowhere is this more apparent than the market for vehicles. Many factors affect a consumer鈥檚 ultimate decision of what vehicle to purchase or lease. Further, electric vehicles present the consumer with additional unique considerations. This study evaluates the decision making process used by consumers in purchasing an electric vehicle. The decision making units (DMUs) used in this research include manufacturer鈥檚 suggested retail price (MSRP), range in miles, miles per gallon equivalent (MPGe), cargo space in cubic feet, and charge time in hours. These variables are factors commonly of interest to consumers. Further, Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA) has been applied to determine the relative efficiencies of twelve consumer electric vehicles currently on the market; eight electric vehicles were found to be efficient choices and four were found to be inefficient. Included in this study are suggestions on how auto manufacturers can improve the efficiency of vehicles deemed inefficient.





I played a great round at the Jack Nicklaus II designed Medallion, shooting a 73 for the low round of my trip. It's a great club with a wonderful staff but I found the course overly tight and devoid of options, making it about average in my books. Overall, our trip to Ohio was wonderful - my family loved it and the Easton Town Center was a big hit for all the shopping and great restaurants within such a small area around our hotel. And that's saying nothing about the people, who without question are some of the kindest and most generous people I've ever met in my life. I'd love to go back someday! 15 new courses and nary a dud in the bunch. Luckiest guy in the world for sure. From a tournament perspective, nothing much will change. I'll continue to play in my normal club events, like the two major match play championships and our club championship as well.





As far as travel goes, I have absolutely no firm plans as I write this today. What I do know is that I will likely have only one major, week-long golf trip in me this year plus one long-weekend type trip as well. The long weekend trip will almost certainly see me return to the New York area, this time to play the highly respected West Course at Winged Foot GC. I was fortunate to win a round of golf there in a charity auction and I hope to take advantage of it sometime in the late spring. While there, I'd love to get in a couple more rounds to make the trip even more worthwhile, perhaps playing Bethpage Black again or if I get really lucky, perhaps I can get out to Southampton again. As for the main trip, time will tell. Again, nothing is set in stone right now but there is a very awesome possibility that may end up coming to fruition at some point and I continue to keep my fingers crossed.





I'd say there is also a very slim chance of repeating our Columbus vacation again in 2012 - I'd be delighted if we can make it work but I'm going to leave that up to my wife. I think she'd prefer a beach vacation with no golf clubs in sight and if that's what she wants, she will get it. After my awesome 2011, I owe her and my son bigtime! If anything firms up from a travelling perspective, I'll certainly keep my readers advised. As for the Now on the Tee site, I need to do better. Regardless, I pledge to do my best to exceed my meagre post count from last year! I have a year's worth of reviews to catch up on so there is plenty of content, that's for sure! Happy new year to all my faithful readers. I'd love to know what is in store for you on the golf course in 2012 either through email or through the comments section.





In the pages of more than four-dozen books, Dr. Suess (a.k.a. Dr. Theophrastus Seuss, a.k.a. Theo Le Sieg, a.k.a. 鈥攆rom Horton, the Once-ler and Bartholomew Cubbins to various Sneetches, Wockets and Nizzards鈥攚ho have become an iconic part of childhood鈥?and parenthood. His are characters constructed not only out of character鈥攏ot just quirky behaviors and idiosyncratic attitudes鈥攂ut also physical appearance (has there ever been a more satisfying illustrator?). And, of course, with Dr. Seuss, everything鈥檚 in a name. Biffer-Baum Birds. The Long-Legger Kwong. The man was a genius. So in honor of Dr. Seuss鈥檚 birthday celebration, we at The Why Not 100 would like to celebrate that genius with a Seuss list. Actually, several Seuss lists can be found among the Why Not Books Lit Lists, including Seussian places and inventions. But this particular list ranks his 91 most classic characters. Sometimes it鈥檚 all in the name鈥攁lthough not every classic character was given one.