Sunday, June 23, 2019

New & Used Volkswagen Dealership

You don't have any saved vehicles! Once you've saved some vehicles, you can view them here at any time. The Cochran Volkswagen of North Hills story begins over 50 years ago. Over the decades, the Cochran group has worked to change the expectations associated with purchasing a new car. Cochran Volkswagen of North Hills is home to the Clearly Better Car Buying experience. We strive to provide people in the Wexford area looking to take home a new Volkswagen with a selection of models that will cater to all of their needs. Shopping at Cochran Volkswagen of North Hills is different from the typical dealership experience. We work hard to provide a customer-first experience that the competition cannot match. Once your car leaves our lot, we offer a 3-day/150-mile no-questions-asked money back guarantee. In addition to our impressive selection and top-notch customer service, Cochran Volkswagen of North Hills offers a service department ready to handle all of your maintenance needs. Before you stop by, ask about all of the service incentives we offer to our customers.


What a fun driving hole this is! My ball just kept rolling and rolling down and to the right before disappearing from site. It's very tough to keep your ball in the fairway off the tee due to that slope. I hit my ball down the left side of the fairway yet I ended up in the second cut off the right side. The caddy wanted me to lay up with a 7-iron but I had only 250 or so to the flag so I pulled my 2-iron rescue with confidence, even though the ball was well below my feet. I figured that would help negate my tendency to hit the hard hook and help straighten out my ball flight. Unfortunately, I swayed way off the ball and 'worm-burned' it. Indeed, I got very lucky and was only about 125 yards away. I took out a PW and hit a little 3/4 shot but pulled it way left and into the greenside trap.


I was DEAD. I shortsided myself and really had no shot directly at the pin if I wanted any chance of having a par putt. I took the safe route and aimed well right, hitting as good a shot as possible. I was still 30 feet away by the time the ball stopped rolling. I had my craziest putt of the day to this point here, as Jason had me aim a good 15 feet left of the pin for the 30 foot putt. It looked like it would never come back but with about 10 feet left, it broke SHARPLY toward the cup and JUST missed, stopping inches away. I could have been much worse than bogey here. On this mid-iron par 3, the hourglass green is very narrow. A miss long or right makes par a fading fantasy. Stay below the hole to have a better chance for a birdie putt.


This hole has a very narrow green and it is pretty intimidating from the tee. I hit a really nice little 8-iron here that started right and drew right toward the flag. However, it was a bit long and I'd have a treacherous looking putt for birdie. For the second hole in a row, my caddy gave me a line that was almost ridiculous. I started my putt, as he was on a similar line. I had about 25 feet, with my ball on the middle left portion of the green and the pin cut in the front middle. I basically aimed 90 degrees left, starting the ball right toward the middle of the green and letting it drift down the slope toward the front. It took a great leap of faith to hit this, let me tell you. But the ball did exactly what the caddy said it would do, hitting the slope and forcefully came down toward the cup. I ended up hitting it too hard, however, and left myself about 10 feet for par. I was unable to make the comebacker and I now had my first official three putt of the day.


This short par 4 requires a long iron off the teeing ground. A short iron second is to a very large green with a lot of subtleties to it. The green generally slopes from right to left so stay left of the flagstick to have an uphill birdie putt. I was a bit worried when Jason handed me driver and took off up the fairway, considering how tight this hole is from the tee box and that a short iron may have been the most prudent play. However, I was hitting it well off the tee so I tried to put it out of my mind and hit yet another beauty down the pipe. You can see my ball sitting on the fairway in the photo above, as I had only 105 yards to the stick. I hit a little SW that actually spun back on me, leaving a perfectly uphill, left to righter for birdie. I'd make a good pass at the ball but just leave it on the edge, settling for a solid par.