Sunday, June 23, 2019

Volkswagen Golf Hatchback Gtd Lease Deals

Quite simply, the world’s most iconic hatchback. This is the Volkswagen Golf. Of the many, many cars out there in the world, there are only a handful where just the mention of a name can communicate to others exactly what it is. One of those cars is the Volkswagen Golf - and perhaps that’s why Synergy customers ask us about the Golf more than almost any other car. Known worldwide for quality, value for money, reliability and understated class, the Volkswagen Golf is one of the most successful car models of all-time, surpassing 30-million built in recent years. It first appeared back in 1974, and immediately began to develop the reputation that we still know it for today over four decades later. Now in its seventh generation, the Golf is more popular than ever and has an uncanny knack for fitting in everywhere from Manchester to Monaco. While the original Golf was intended to be a fairly simple replacement for the famous Beetle, the modern Golf comes in a variety of flavours to cater for the many tastes of the modern car buyer.


There’s the standard five-door hatchback we see here, but there’s also an estate-bodied version, an all-electric model known as the e-Golf, and the performance-orientated GTI and R models. Volkswagen likes to think that the Golf is all the car you’ll ever need - well, it certainly covers an awful lot of bases and for Synergy customers that means a fantastic amount of variety to choose from. The Golf always brings an aura of inner confidence. The simple, stylish exterior exudes quality and its unfussy design helps to make it appear as if it’s always at home, wherever it happens to be parked up. Golf interiors don’t try to do anything too flash either, with a similar philosophy to the exterior design being used inside, and modern technology integrated neatly into the overall package. Upfront, the range of fuel-efficient engines such as the TSI petrols and TDI diesels fit well across the Golf’s expansive range. The ‘4MOTION’ all-wheel drive system has become more and more popular as buyers look for something to help with our dodgy climate, as has the smooth DSG double-clutch automatic gearbox that it is so often mated to. It’s unlikely the Volkswagen Golf will ever dwindle in popularity, a few of us at Synergy HQ own this German icon and we’ve got to say, the guys are as chuffed with their own cars as our customers are. With Volkswagen’s excellent residual values and the Golf’s near-flawless reputation, choosing to lease one of motoring’s most famous names here at Synergy is a bound to produce smiles.


He introduced himself and after some small talk, we piled into a cart and headed to the range, which is located between the second and tenth holes. It's a smallish range but setup quite nicely, with multiple targets all over the range and a neat little shack where you can pick up your balls, grab a snack or just relax and watch others practice. I got the feeling Mike was sizing me up a bit while I hit balls, as was the head pro, who was giving a lesson on the other side of the range. Funny enough, I wasn't nervous at all and was basically striping every shot. We headed back up and I hit a couple quick putts before getting whisked to the first tee 20 minutes early. Mike has looped for 17 years at Riviera, with only one year off in between. He spent 2006 at Bandon Dunes Golf Resort if you can believe it. Boy, this guy sure knows how to pick the good ones!


Funny enough, Mike told me "one year was good enough out there" and while he expressed appreciation for the architecture of the courses on the site, he wasn't as complimentary of the players he looped for. I didn't press him for details. But enough about Bandon! I'm playing Riviera for goodness sakes! The starter came over and introduced himself while asking where I was from and how to pronounce my last name. Man, everyone is so friendly here! I just about wet myself! The first tee is two steps from the clubhouse and there were a few people mingling about but it wasn't exactly packed. We were playing the back deck and from there it's a straightaway short par five off an elevated tee. I was just hoping for solid contact. I took a couple quick practice swings, took a deep breath and stepped up to the ball. I then took one look down the fairway and pulled the trigger. I smashed it center cut!


Mike the caddy smiled and gave me a 'thumbs up' as Mike the pro teed up and also hit it down the middle. The dreaded barranca wouldn't be in play for me here, as I only had 218 to the flag for my second shot according to my caddy. I told him I wanted to play a draw from the right edge of the green to the pin, which was cut in the middle of the green behind the bunker. I hit a 4-iron right on my intended line but it was here that I got my first taste of what kikuyu grass does to a golf ball. It just swallows it whole! Well, not really but I found out right away that you get absolutely no bounce or roll around the greens. I hit a decent shot to about 8 feet and barely missed the putt, tapping in for my par five.