Sunday, June 23, 2019

Mods And Repairs: June 2019 //////\\\\\\

To Jetta owners or previous Jetta owners? Ive wanted a Jetta for years. Im selling my SUV and looking into buying the newer body style 2005, 2006 or maybe 2007 Jetta (If I can afford the 07). I know I dont want the Value Edition. Im favoring the 2.5L. Regardless, just wanting to know about experiences you've had with your Jettas. I used to have a 2001 jetta. It was the best car Ive ever had and loved it dearly. No problems at all! I have an '08 Jetta. SE spec and its a 2.0TDI (I am in the UK). I love it. It's a year old with 17K on the clock and it drives like new. Pulls very well in all gears. Built well and no problems thus far. I don't have a Jetta but my sister has one. I am not a fan of most imports but i like Jetta's myself. A friend of mine has had many Volkswagen's, the only bad thing i have heard is they are known for electrical problems. If you google problems with Jetta's it will come up. They seem very dependable. Just make sure you get a warranty no matter what. My wife has a 2005 2.5L which now has 77,000 dependable miles on it . The Jetta has a cavernous trunk that we load up with camping, bike, and kayak gear when we go on vacations. Even with all this 'stuff' in/on our Jetta, we still get excellent gas mileage (unlike my GTI, the Jetta takes regular fuel). Well, there's our success story. Hope you get a Jetta soon!


If the car was well cared for it should last for many more miles than you were told. The bad part is that any part that you may need is going to cost more than if it were for a more common vehicle. Volkswagen likes to make changes to the vehicles they build every couple years which makes the parts too specific for each model and makes it harder to get anything for them. If you have any issues with the car you need to be prepared to order and wait for the part to arrive. Hope I have been helpful. If it's an automatic, it's a bad decision. It WILL "go" long before the rest of the car. Passats are horrible. They've always been horrible. I doubt that there is a car maker in the world who's cars will not do at least 150k provided they are properly serviced. I have a VW Golf car in Europe with 124k, it uses no oil runs sweet transmission great. My neighbour recently sold his Passat with 132k miles bought a Ford which was months old, sold it after 4 months because it kept breaking down !


13,700 is a good price for a 2007/46k miles volkswagen jetta? VW dealer and he offered me an 07 jetta 2.5 PZEV 47k miles, gray/silver color, package 1, alloy wheels, leather, heated seats. It is a certified vehicle. Is 13,700 a good price? Sounds pretty good to me. I paid 13,000 for a crappy a s s honda civic. I checked nada guide 14.475 was high retail, they are grinding you hard for the certified , without that, (whats the warranty? I would figure 11,600 the highest I would go (average dealer trade in), If its a nice car and a popular model it will sell , your call you can always offer less, and go up? 13500 and act like you are gonna walk away. Give him your offer, be polite and tell him that yours is fair and all you can afford. Start to walk away when he says no. If he calls you back you know your close. If you do a REVO Stage 1 tune, the previous tune will be deleted.


Ugh, I can't even make out half of the question. Anyway, it's very very unlikely your GTI is making 20 pounds of boost without some major hardware upgrades including a larger turbocharger and intercooler. It is extremely likely your car is making 20 PSI without any hardware upgrades, contrary to what was said here. What makes you thing that the internals were switched out? Usually people don't mess around with replacing connecting rods and other internals unless they are running a big turbo. You may or may not be able to find out what kind of software your car is running. If the car was chipped in the traditional sense, you can pull the ECU out from under the windshield, open it up, and look for a sticker on the eprom chip with the software manufacturer. If the car had the software flashed through the OBD2 port, or if the ECU was bench flashed while out of the car, you will not be able to tell what the manufacturer is.


2006 Volkswagen Citi Golf 1.4 Rear.jpg English: 2006 Volkswagen Citi Golf 1.4 Rear (Odd South African import) Taken in Leamington Spa Date 4I mentioned in a previous rant that my hearing has improved dramatically; I can now hear faint sounds while driving my Focus Electric that I’ve never heard before while driving any other car. You know, like the Bionic Woman, except that I’m a man. Sure, the logical explanation for this phenomena is that an electric vehicle doesn’t have a noisy engine to mask out those faint sounds. If it was just one of my six senses sharpening up, I’d succumb to the logical explanation and leave it at that. But my sense of smell also improves when driving the FFE. Sometimes, with this particular superhuman power, I can actually smell what goes on inside of cars around me. For instance, this past Monday morning I picked up a slight stench of cigarette smoke while crawling southbound in the 405 HOV lane. The stench grew stronger as I inched up to a black LeSabre with the driver’s window rolled down.