Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Eich Motor Company Blog

Eich Motor Company Blog





With the few remaining days I'm sure we're all reflecting on 2007. It was a really fantastic year, wasn't it? I had the opportunity to do so many wonderful things. One of the year's highlights was my trip to Germany. It really was an amazing time. I not only stayed with a wonderful family that was warm and accomodating, friendly and fun, I had the opportunity to volunteer my time at a Grundschule, or elementary school, helping german kids with their homework. I toured the Audi factory and museum based in Ingolstadt, where I stayed, and saw the Audi A3 assembly line. That was really a sight to see. It gave me a whole new outlook on the company we represent, Volkswagen AG. With impeccably clean assembly lines, fit into efficient spaces with the most technologically advanced equipment, I really knew that Volkswagen took the engineering and assembly of their vehicles very seriously.





It makes me think about each and every car that we have on our lot and just how much detail went into each and every one of them. It's amazing. And they made it here, just as I did, safe and sound. It would not have been possible for me to spend the month I did in Germany if it weren't for Carl Fasen and Linda Eich, the General Manager and Owner of Eich Motor Company. I came to them early in the year and let them both know that I would have the opportunity to study abroad in Ingolstadt for some credits toward the German BA I've been working toward. It is a rare thing to be able to have the flexibility to work from a computer halfway across the world. I'm glad they could trust me with this experience. I appreciate how good they both are to all of us here at the dealership and I couldn't be more pleased to work for such fantastic people. 2007 was an interesting year for Volkswagen as well. Without a Diesel this year, we certainly had a challenge ahead of us. There is tremendous value in our product offerings in terms of safety, features, and performance. I firmly believe that for the price we're able to offer these solid, German-engineered vehicles, made for the Autobahn, we have an extraordinary product. I came to Eich Motor Company seven years ago because I found a solid, innovative product that I fell in love with and ended up finding a whole dealership full of people I fell in love with as well.





While photos are strictly prohibited during tournament rounds, patrons are more than welcome to take photos during the three practice rounds but I absentmindedly left my camera in the hotel room. While there, we somehow were able to meet up with a few friends in the middle of the course despite the sheer number of patrons on the property and it was great catching up with them. 1000.00 in souvenir purchases! Attending the Masters, whether it's a practice round or a tournament round, is a must for anyone who loves the game. The most incredibly run tournament in the world and the golf course lives up to all the hype - it's truly a magical place. 2 Course at Pinehurst Resort. This Donald Ross classic design was recently restored by the team of Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw, with their mandate being to restore the course鈥檚 natural and historic character and the strategic options that were the centerpiece of Ross鈥檚 vision. Fairways were widened and all rough was eliminated, leaving two cuts of grass - greens and fairways.





In the place of rough came naturalized areas, with sand, pine straw and other wiry grasses planted, allowing the removal of over 35 acres of irrigated turf. The results are startling, without question but I must admit that I was ever so slightly underwhelmed overall about the course and the very expensive experience, perhaps caused by unrealistic expectations prior to the round. 2 is unquestionably a strategic masterpiece but not one of those out-of-body sensory extravaganzas like a Pebble Beach or Sand Hills. With much of the interest lying at the greens, there is much more subtlety at play here that likely requires repeat visits, much like St. Andrews may be from what I've heard. Hopefully I can get back there one day and see it again. We finished that day off with a visit to the famous Pine Crest Inn right in the village for dinner and some beverages.