Sunday, June 23, 2019

Mods And Repairs: December 2019 //////\\\\\\

VW owners: does VW still has the bad reputation it has earned on reliability? The reason I am asking is because I am considering either a 2010 GTI or GLI as a new car, but I've heard polarizing opinions about VW in general. They are either 'junk', or as good as any other car, as far as reliability is concerned. So I'd like to know what your experiences are as an owner. What year/model VW you have and how's it working for you so far. It just seems I read here often of people having older VW's that are plagued w/ issues. They are fine for many yrs when they are new. But so many people buy the GTI thinking it's the best car on the planet. VWs aren't perfect but they aren't complete junk. European cars tend to be the less reliable than american or japanese cars. Their repair costs are higher and they don't hold their value as well as the others do.


I'm a VW enthusiast but I cannot recommend them to people that aren't into driving. Manual trans VWs tend to be more reliable also get engines available in other countries. I guess it depends on where you live and if they are very patriotic. For instance you'll hear that American cars are reliable but ask anyone who isn't American and they'll say American cars are only just better than UK cars with exception of Ford. I have always heard that VW are bullet proof but there you go. I have a close friend with a 2002 Passat V6 with 80K miles on it. It really didnt give him much problem. But when it does break, it cost him an arm and leg to repair it. Even a freaking windshield wiper cost a lot more than standard one. Here is something you should consider, Turbo Charged car are awful on reliability rating most of the time, which you are consider buying. Just keep in mind, The German cars have superiority on driving experience over other brands, However, the Cost of Ownership is a lot higher.


Volkswagen Golf Plus 2005 - Car Review - Specifications ...If you got the money prepared, Go for it. And it really depends on how long you plan to keep ur car as well. If you are buying a brand new car and only going to keep it for few yrs, you should not have to worry about reliability rating at all. Since VWs are foreign they're nice cars. The GTI is a good model. We have recently gotten a 2.5 Jetta 2009 and it's great looking, and working! 2/3d's the price more of auto parts stores and some brake systems require new rotors the same time pads are replaced. 525. Is this a scam? This is the VW dealership making this recommendation. The car was having trouble going into reverse. Replacing the converter has helped the problem, but sometimes I throw it in reverse, it revs and doesn't do much or reverses very slowly. Everything with the VW dealership is so expensive, I just want to know if this will actually help the problem. 100.00 so I think you are getting hosed.


I have a 2003 VW Passat W8 so I feel your pain. If you have the same transmission as I have, you don't have any way of checking your fluid level ( VW didn't put a Dipstick on my auto trans!! That's just dumb). 800. It solved my leak issue, and DID improve my car's shifting. I'd say, give it a try! I'm a long time VW owner ( I've had 3, and put over 400,000 miles on my 1987 Jetta and had no problems). I'll never buy another VW again. They burned you once on the converter job, now they want to burn you again before they actually fix the problem. All you need is a new filter and a fluid change in the transmission. The TDI has decent performance, far better mileage, and better resale value. Go with the TDI. I say you get a Passat. The new TDI is the best. MK2, either way one that is pretty old.