Friday, June 21, 2019

Test Drive & Review Of The 2019 Volkswagen Passat GT

The 2018 Volkswagen Passat GT packs a complete-lotta sports activities sedan right into a ridiculously moderately-priced package. The Passat GT’s exterior and inside Euro-styling beckons its luxury sister-brand Audi with each detailed factor of fit and finish. Randy Halcomb from Ontario Volkswagen recently invited me for an afternoon check drive of the 2018 Volkswagen Passat GT. On this iDSC Podcast he joins me for a detailed and thrilling evaluate. Tom Smith: I got to drive the 2018 Volkswagen Passat GT. And that’s a high-of-the-line sport version of the Passat, and V6 engine with 3.6 liter, 280 horsepower, putting out 258 pound toes of torque. Randy Halcomb: It undoubtedly had enough giddy up and go. It’s very responsive. As quickly as you touch the gasoline. Tom Smith: Welcome to iDriveSoCal, the podcast all about mobility from the automotive capital of the United States, Southern California. Tom Smith right here with my good buddy, Randy Halcomb from Ontario Volkswagen.


Randy, thanks for joining me again. Randy Halcomb: Hi, Tom. Thanks for having me again. Tom Smith: We are out at Ontario Volkswagen in the Los Angeles suburb of Ontario, California. And this little ditty that we’re about to head down the path of — It’s cute, isn’t it? This little ditty we’re about to head down the path of. Vehicle assessment, the 2018 Volkswagen Passat GT. I just drove that thing, and fun, F-U-N. If I can take a page out of the Professor’s little playbook here. Well, I received to drive the 2018 Volkswagen Passat GT. And that’s a prime-of-the-line sport version of the Passat, and V6 engine with 3.6 liter, 280 horsepower, putting out 258 pound ft of torque. And as Randy can attest as he drove with me on this take a look at drive, I had a hard time not chirping the tires every time we got here from a dead stop to accelerating.


Randy Halcomb: Yeah. It positively had enough giddy up and go. It’s very responsive. As soon as you touch the gasoline, nearly just a little too responsive, it kind of felt. So, take a little while to get used to. Tom Smith: Yeah. The tires simply chirped just a little. I didn’t stay on it in a way that they had been sliding an excessive amount of, but that’s a really, very fun automobile. The worth point on the 2018 Passat is type of ridiculous. I discussed to Randy, each time I hit the accelerator, I notice the sticker, just MSRP, doesn’t make sense. I mean, the MSRP on the automobile is how a lot? 30,000, a German-engineered is unthinkable. Tom Smith: Yeah, yeah. Beautiful automobile too. It has that that Volkswagen crimson line on the grill that is oh so distinctive, as well as oh so sharp. The one which we drove was silver or gray.


I’m not precisely certain what Volkswagen is looking that color. Randy Halcomb: Yeah, it was the the silver. Tom Smith: But the outside of the car is just absolutely gorgeous. The sport wheels, very cool. Nice accent with the crimson brake calipers that may be seen by way of the sport wheels, additionally very cool. And just, again, that purple line with the bold black grill, I think, they call it a honeycomb, if I’m not mistaken, it simply really, really is a pointy look to the exterior of the vehicle. And in going contained in the automobile, the carbon fiber accents, very cool as effectively. And the seating and general consolation, very sporty, but, but, still very, very snug, and surprisingly spacious. Randy Halcomb: One thing is seating. Probably more so within the passenger seat that I noticed was the amount of shoulder house. And the room that I had sitting within the passenger, it almost form of felt like it was a sedan. Randy Halcomb: … makes me feel like I’m in a full-sized sedan.


Tom Smith: Right, proper. And Randy and i are fairly comparable sized guys. We’re not small by any stretch, we’re not huge by any stretch, but very, very comfy for us to be sitting in it. Now, I hopped in the back seat actually when the automobile was nonetheless sitting within the showroom before we went for a drive, and plenty of leg room back there too. So, the vehicle exterior, inside, implausible. The tech, the one factor that I completely love is the choice for Apple CarPlay or, in my world, Android Auto. I love being in a position to put Waze up there right on the dash, as well as play my podcasts as a result of, you understand, I can’t go anyplace with out listening to my iDriveSoCal Podcasts. Randy Halcomb: Absolutely. I obtained that once i jumped in my truck, and it simply starts enjoying, and it goes by way of all the different podcasts.