Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Mods And Repairs: How Can I Make My VW 03 Passat Faster?




How Can I Make My VW 03 Passat Faster? 2003 1.8T 5Speed and i was wondering, How can i make my car faster? The 1.8T is already quick enough in a straight line. Try other things. Like getting your G up. Some R type tires, stiff shocks, coilovers, stiffening bars to get rid of frame flex, etc. And if you're for real about racing, strip it out. Carbon fiber is extremely light so it'll take away alot of weight from your car making it quicker. Also, see if they have air intakes and turbo kits. They also have ECU chips that can add up to 50 HP to your car. Hope this was helpful. Bypass the airconditoner pulley, either by getting a smaller belt or just deactivating it. My sister and I shared one and we LOVED it!! Ours was black and it was just fine in the snow and ice. I strongly encourage that you get one. I loved it and I hope you do too! But, since you're buying an 04 you will have a different cupholder than I do, so you won't run into the same problem. 60k-120k miles, maybe longer if you drive it well.





I replace my transmission fluid and oil religiously to keep everything working well and check for wear and tear and at 110k miles my transmission still works beautifully. It does really well in the snow, and if I drive like a grandpa I get around 32-36mpg with a manual. All in all, I love the car, the other parts that did go out were covered under recalls and fixed for free. If you do buy it, and notice a chirping sound when it's running that's the timing belt getting old and letting you know it needs to be replaced. So, yeah. I would say buy one. Take good care of it, and it will treat you well. I have an 05 and it runs great. Just like Mentat said though, maintain it well. Once you get the jetta replace the timing belt and check all the hoses since the jetta's sensors like any other electronic thing will go bad if liquid like coolant or oil gets on them.





They run great though. Im satisfied with mine, had some issues but due to maintenance issues that could have been prevented by me and the previous owner. Transmission is great if its a manual. If it's automatic check it instantly also because they get worn after 80k miles. VWs are better than any other japanese cars and are fun to drive. The maintenance costs are well worth it. I want a decent all season tire that will work in snow. I'm spending money on winter tires. I've had Conti-Pros & Michelin's and I'm not impressed with either. I prefer Vredersteins but they don't have anything in my size. Cooper Tire. Lifeliner GLS to be exact. Inexpensive and good ride with great rain and winter handling. You should get full on winter tires (Vredersteins? 195/60 R17 or such that is the approximate diameter as your 225/45r17s. 225/45s don't make good winter tires - that is why they are not in your size.





Get full on summer GT tires on your original wheels for max cornering in summer. Get some cheap winter wheels and put the narrower - taller aspect tires on for winter. Narrower tires go through snow better. They dont have to push as much of it. Ok, so you don't like 17 inch sno's. No doubt who would. 15 x 6 steel wheels with 205/65-15 Generals. I actually Ice Race that combo on my 2003 GLI 24V VR6 6spd MT, I do not likeor use studs myself. For an all season tire, Continental Extreme Contact DWS. I have them on my 2008 GTI and I am happy with them. They are becoming a favorite tire amoung people looking for a good all season tire for their sports car. Alot of the BMW guys are putting these on. Dealership manual. They sometimes come in volumes and are big. Books like chilton don't go very in depth with most things. But depending on what you are stuck on (trans housing removal or removing a gear or whatever) it may not help much. Manual transmissions can be hard to get apart sometimes since some of the interference fits are tight and gears are brittle. Chiltons suck. You need a Bentley, for this and anything you do to your car.





The 2019 Jetta鈥檚 pricing better matches rivals 鈥?not something it has done well in the past. It鈥檚 now configured to have competitive features for the dollar against comparable rival trim levels, particularly the Civic and Corolla. Compare them here for trim-level features and prices. 19,845 with the safety tech option. 19,620 with standard emergency braking. Notably, the Jetta S is a base model worth buying, not a fleet offering. 28,195 for the similarly loaded Civic Touring. 24,000, but it also stops short of the VW and Honda in terms of premium goodies, such as leather seats. Adding value, the 2019 Jetta, like all 2018 and newer Volkswagens (except the e-Golf), comes with VW鈥檚 six-year/72,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty that can be transferred to a subsequent buyer. Cars.com鈥檚 Editorial department is your source for automotive news and reviews. In line with Cars.com鈥檚 long-standing ethics policy, editors and reviewers don鈥檛 accept gifts or free trips from automakers. The Editorial department is independent of Cars.com鈥檚 advertising, sales and sponsored content departments.