Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Mods And Repairs: March 2019 //////\\\\\\




To buy or not to buy? I have recently been interested in the vw vanagon. I don't have my drivers lisence yet, but will soon. I also have just been looking at different vehicles.I really want a hippie van. I like to go camping and stuff so that is definitely one of the reasons, but i would also just like to have more space. I've heard of people who have converted their vanagons to electric. Is this a good idea? I wouldn't worry about its declining value because i doubt we would ever sell it. I also would like an automatic, as I'm not very comfortable with a stick shift. Are there any vangagon owners who could give me more info about this vehicle? Anyone who know s the slightest bit of info about vanagons feel free to comment.Also does anyone know what their gas mileage is? They are horribly unreliable and unsafe. If you hit something with it best case you will get badly hurt.





About the only positive is that they are easy to work on and it wont take long to get lots of practice. Do not buy one unless you are a mechanic or you know one who will work for free. Well I, personally, would look for an earlier model. 1975. Those were simpler and the maint. Having said that the maint. Easy to do but unforgiving if you skip it. Oil, lube, rust prevention are all easy to check and handle but, for example, an engine can go south really fast if you don't check the oil and change it at least bi-monthly. On the plus side, the value of these things is going UP, not down. So if you buy it now it will likely be worth more when you actually start driving it. Ok.. having said that.. THe autos have a bad record while the 4 speeds just keep going and going and are easy to replace.





Does Volkswagen make a 2003 Passat that has a diesel engine? Where can I find info on this car? I'm thinking of getting a Passat and the dealer said they had a 2003 that was diesel but it wasn't in the lot and I have been trying to find info on them. Is 100k for a diesel Passat alright? There's this little website that I like to use to find stuff out. Not many people know about it so don't tell anyone. Yes, Volkswagen made a TDI diesel Passat from 1999-05 for sure. 2004-2005 was a 2.0L 4cylinder diesel engine, before that was a 1.9L 4cylinder diesel. The 2.0 was much more powerful (134hp and 247ft-lb torque vs 90hp and 165ft-lb), but it's also hard to find. For a diesel engine, 100,000 miles is just getting broken in, unlike a gas engine where problems start happening after 100,000 miles. They will also get better gas mileage than their gas counterparts, but at the expense of acceleration. The diesel is much slower. 100? Just broken in. My car was a 25y.o.diesel Rabbit with 720K on the clock. Was not burning oil or anything. Also, it was non-turbo. Did not go like a V8 but it went OK. A non turbo is a dog compared to a turbo, but then I did not buy it for "drag racing" and it is much better than a motorcycle (especially in the rainy weather). A turbo model I have had as well, and again you did not buy the car for drag racing.





The 2001 Volkswagen Jetta has 37.4 in. What is the front leg room in the 2011 Volkswagen Jetta? The 2011 Volkswagen Jetta has 41.2 in. What is the front head room in the 2010 Volkswagen Jetta? The 2010 Volkswagen Jetta has 38.5 in. What is the front head room in the 2003 Volkswagen Jetta? The 2003 Volkswagen Jetta has 38.6 in. What is the front head room in the 2012 Volkswagen Jetta? The 2012 Volkswagen Jetta has 38.2 in. What is the front leg room in the 2006 Volkswagen Jetta? The 2006 Volkswagen Jetta has 41.2 in. What is the rear leg room of the 2008 Volkswagen Jetta? The 2008 Volkswagen Jetta has 35.4 in. What is the rear shoulder room of the 2008 Volkswagen Jetta? The 2008 Volkswagen Jetta has 53.1 in. What is the rear head room of the 2008 Volkswagen Jetta? The 2008 Volkswagen Jetta has 37.2 in. What is the front leg room in the 2013 Volkswagen Jetta-Hybrid? The 2013 Volkswagen Jetta-Hybrid has 41.2 in. What is the front leg room in the 2013 Volkswagen Jetta-Sportwagen? The 2013 Volkswagen Jetta-Sportwagen has 41.1 in. What is the front leg room in the 2013 Volkswagen Jetta-GLI? The 2013 Volkswagen Jetta-GLI has 41.2 in. What is the front head room in the 2013 Volkswagen Jetta-Hybrid? The 2013 Volkswagen Jetta-Hybrid has 38.2 in. What is the front head room in the 2014 Volkswagen Jetta-Hybrid? The 2014 Volkswagen Jetta-Hybrid has 38.2 in. What is the front shoulder room in the 2012 Volkswagen Jetta-Sportwagen? The 2012 Volkswagen Jetta-Sportwagen has 54.8 in.

ID.7: A longer-wheelbase electric sedan with impressive range, possibly for North America.

The latest confirmed information shows that the Volkswagen ID.7 will not be coming to North America at all—VW has officially cancelled its ...