Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Now On The Tee

Now On The Tee





I just noticed it's been over a month since my last post - how quickly time flies when you're busy - here's a brief status update on things here at NOTT. Our trip to Northern California exceeded our already very high expectations. San Francisco is now one of my favourite cities in the world - there are so many attractions for the tourist in that gorgeous town and the food was equally incredible. We spent five days there then another four days in Monterey, which has a completely different vibe from San Francisco but worked just as well for us. The trip ended with three nights in Napa, where we did the requisite wine tours and long, leisurely drives in the country. Napa was great but I wasn't as high on that portion of the trip compared to San Francisco or Monterey - I'd say having a 4-year old tagging along doesn't work as well in Napa but we managed just fine! 12 straight days of glorious sunshine and perfect temperatures: 18-20 degrees Celsius in SF/Monterey and 28-30 degrees Celsius in Napa.





Needless to say, we all loved our time there and hope to return again someday. Oh, what about the golf you ask? In a word - spectacular! A bit more on that in just a bit. Two landmarks in beautiful San Francisco - cable cars and Alcatraz! Pebble Beach, California in all its glory! Cypress Point in the background! For the sixth consecutive year, I played in my home club's member-guest tournament. I've had the same partner for all six of those events, my wife's uncle Henry. This year, he played with a very heavy heart, as his son (my wife's cousin) passed away unexpectedly four weeks ago. He was only 43 years old. I would have completely understood if Henry wanted to take a year off from the event but I think he really needed it to help with the healing process. Neither of us played great and we finished well down the list this year but I couldn't care less. I always look forward to playing with Henry each year and I'm delighted he came down again this year.





I told him that the invitation for next year is already set in stone and I look forward to getting out with him again next June for the three-day event. There's not much to say here - simply put, my game has been stunningly bad almost all year. I had that magical round of 71 back in May that came out of nowhere then I promptly went almost a month before breaking 80 again. My handicap soared to a 5, the highest I've been in recent memory and things only got worse from a scoring perspective on the trip. I've got a little over a month until The Rota, a low-handicap, two-man best ball tournament being held at Ballyneal Golf Club in Holyoke, Colorado. My friend Jim will be running the event and I'll be bringing Harris as my partner so hopefully both of us can get our games in gear for that one. Ballyneal and I have a feeling we'll be suitably pumped up playing such a great track. Speaking about my friend Jim, he just completed the first leg of his incredibly ambitious four leg, 500 hole odyssey to benefit the Solich Caddy & Leadership Academy. 2 Course, site of the 2014 US Men's AND Women's Open. Jim will likely eclipse 150 holes at Ballyneal next Monday then head to Cabot Links on Cape Breton Island for a Canada Day hike with Cabot founder Ben Cowan-Dewar. St. Andrews in Scotland only three short days later. If you have the means, please go to Jim's page at the Hundred Hole Hike website and make a pledge to this great cause. Well, I've got some course profiles to write! My plan is to have at least one new course profile up each of the next four weekends, going through the courses I was fortunate enough to see while in California.





With this in mind the base model of new 2013 VW Golf car will be used as the reference point to answer the question. Where would one go to purchase golf knickers? Golf knickers can be bought from many sporting stores, as well as golf stores. Some stores that sell golf knickers include VW, GolfKnickers, Macy's, and Sports Authority. What the color does VW golf convertible have? There are many colors that the VW Golf convertible is available in. These colors include red, green, blue, and yellow. One can also customize the paint color on their VW Golf. Is a VW GTI the same as a VW Golf GTI? Just as VW didn't call the R32 a Golf (although it is based on the VW Golf and has the same shape and many common components). Where can one purchase a used VW Tiguan? Volkswagen's online website offers a area to search and purchase certified used cars. Kijiji - the online website, provides local, independent listings for used cars, including Volkswagen Tiguan.





Where can one purchase VW Golf vehicles? You can get them at your local Volkswagon dealer or if you';re desperate eBay and Amazon sell cars. It's not a good idea going there but you might be lucky and get a good one. Bay is can be cheap but isn't as trusted as Amazon which is a little more expensive much much more trust worthy. Where can one buy a VW Golf Mk1? There are a few sites where you can buy VW Golf Mk1. One of the most popular sites is Ebay where you can basically buy everything. VWGOLFMK1 has a website that one can visit also to buy a golf cart. Where can one purchase a new VW polo from? If you are looking to purchase a new VW polo, you may need to visit a Volkswagen car dealership, preferably in the United Kingdom as these cars appear to not be sold in the United States at this time. There also other private dealers that sell new VW polo's such as Orangewheels in the U.K. Where's the cars computer in a 1995 vw golf?