Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Mods And Repairs: Vento VR6 Engine Swap?

Mods And Repairs: Vento VR6 Engine Swap?





Vento VR6 engine swap? I currently own a 1.8 4 cylinder VW Vento (MK3 Jetta) with a standard engine. I want to swap the engine out for a 2.8 VR6 engine. VR6 engine match up to the standard gearbox and engine mounts? It is a project car, I will swap the standard gearbox for a stronger one when i get the money to stop damage! I just wanted to know if it would sit with the standard gearbox till i change the box. Forget using the standard gearbox for a start. You clearly like a challenge ? I am pretty sure that a VR6 will not marry up to your original gearbox. The clutch inside will not be strong enough. You need stronger springs and shocks as well as an uprated anti roll bar and larger brakes. Fitting larger brakes is not that simple as your factory fit wheels may be too small to accommodate the brakes.





However, many people have done this kind of mod. I had paid 拢5,250 for ! In the cold light of day it did not make any sense as I got back 拢1500 and a banger which I sold for 拢550. I think the moral of the story is save yourself a lot of work and get the car you want instead ! You'll need the whole drivetrain from the VR6 including the gearbox and driveshafts. The bigger brakes would be a good idea too. 1 beetle run on diesel engine? If you mean does the first beetles run on diesel fuel its a NO. They were a petrol engine. Later Volkswagen cars had diesel engine as an option. 50's but it was too loud and under powered so they didnt continue with it. 5 times. you should hear the click 5 out of 5 times. Barring mishaps and "botched" repair jobs you would still have the car in 20 years time. However, I do not claim to know where your VW cars are sourced from, IF it is a German import the above applies, if it comes from Brazil or Mexico then there are quaility issues. Would the volkswagen tiguan be good for a 17 year old? I'm looking at cars to buy in the future like several months from now or next year. I really like tiguan. Is it a good, safe car? Do you think it's a good looking car? Thanks. I'm just having fun looking right now, I will most likely buy a used car but I'm wondering about this.





Luxury vehicles - the Bentleys and RR are for those people that don't have to work; I am guessing you do. VW is my choice over any American made car hands down. Also over any British or French made cars. I would be surprised. Also mileage should be able to do 3oo,ooo miles without any sweat. However, go for standard shift transmission. And learn how to drive the car. That sounds simple, but it is different than domestic American cars or even British ones. Learn where the shift points are and don't get lulled into lugging the motor. Lugging will blow out the bottom end. You should hear the motor whine at high speed. That may use more fuel but the motor stays in good shape. I learned that from an old timer VW mechanic. I know it is a VW but the model type, year, and anything else you know would be really helpful.





At least give this question a really good guess. This car has fascinated me. It's an MK3 Golf with a Jetta front end conversion. Also called a Jolf. Tyler is right- it's a Jolf. 10pt for best answer? I know its a vw bug, but how would one get one like this, or make one look this way? VW bug. looks like it is lowered. That looks like a very old car to me? Maybe they don't make cars that look like that anymore. I don't know the specific name but It looks like an Old Bug Car or an old Buggie. Yes it is a vw bug. It has been slammed or lowered with alternate suspension components and has been chopped or has had a segment of the "a" pillar removed. 5x112 is also Mercedes fitment hence the popularity of AMG style alloys on VW vans. I think (but don't hold me to this) Granada Scorpios had the same fitment and Mk2 on VW Passats do too. The only way to get your Audi wheels on to your van would almost certainly be to change the hubs which would be a nightmare and costly too.