Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Mods And Repairs: What Should I Name My Car?

Mods And Repairs: What Should I Name My Car?





What should I name my car? Its a black VW Jetta Wolfsburg edition! I dont name my vacuum cleaner! Haha its just for fun! Half the people I know have a name for their car! Geez people get way to serious on here.. I don't know. What did you name your Fridge and Vacuum Cleaner? Try calling it and see if it comes. I need to take an old broken washing machine to the tip. Trouble is that my VW Polo looks too small. Anyone tried to fit a washing machine (a standard size front loader) in the back of a Polo, with the seats folded down? No it will not allow the door to be closed even if it goes in at all. 1. Take one tape measure. 2. Measure boot opening and loading space in the car. 3. Measure washing machine. 4. Compare sizes. If car is bigger than washing machine, then go for it.





If you fold down the seats then a standard size washing machine will definitely fit in a Polo. Remember to tip the machine upside down before you put it into the car so all the old yukky water drains out onto the ground and not in the back of your car. Prob. not without scratching and denting both of them. Try Craigslist first.. or something similar.. Totally certain it will not if you are wanting to keep it upright. I wanted to move one recently and it would not fit in an Astra estate and that has a flat load platform. If you want to lay it down it will. The problem is that a washer is very heavy and you will struggle to get it in and out. What is the difference between an MKIV Jetta VR6/GLI VR6? I have an MKIV Jetta VR6, but I'm just curious to know the difference between my car and a GLI of the same year? Difference its sample the engine;- VR6 have 6 cylinder engine ,GLI have 4 cylinder engine. Do you know the difference between a base Golf and a GTI? Because it's the same story here.





The GLI is the Jetta version of the GTI. Stiffer suspension, larger wheels/tires/brakes, sportier look, and sportier interior including limited edition seats, steering wheel, etc. The engine is the same, most everything else is just a little different. The GLI has a 24V VR6 with an extra cam and puts out 200 HP and 200 Lb. Ft. of torque. They didn't make a lot of the GLI's either. What sucks is they are all plain jane, no wings, no body treatment, just some nice wheels. Heck we even have the same disk brakes(way to small) But I did get heated leather seats which are nice in South Dakota. 2009 v w jetta made? Engineered in Germany, built in Puebla, Mexico. It depends. The 2.5s were built in Mexico, the TDIs were built in Germany. Ok so I want to tint them. I do not want to get stopped every day by police, so should I not tint them? The back & sides can be as dark as can go apparently, but the front has to be light. Contact DVLA as there is a section there that will advise you. Some cars windows are already factory tinted, so you could go over the light limit without realising. 35 %. I tinted my whole jetta 3 years ago and still no problems with the cops. As long as the front two are not tinted your fine you can go as dark as you want in the back, but it wont look as clean. It depends on where you live, honestly. I had a black E34 M5 and I had all my windows tinted, and I hardly ever got pulled over for it, maybe twice. They told me to get the tint taken off, but they never actually ticketed me. The two times I did get pulled over for it, I was in the middle of nowhere; I live in a pretty big city.





What I really wanted was a Golf GTI. Problem was, we鈥檇 already run one on the CAR fleet back in 2006. So I could give up the Golf dream altogether, or take the next best thing to a GTI: the Golf GT Sport. I chose the latter option, which actually makes for the better test. Everyone knows the GTI is brilliant. But the GT Sport? Most people haven鈥檛 even heard of it. Confusingly, there are four models available, all of which look pretty much identical: two 2.0-litre diesels and two 1.4-litre petrols. To stay truest to the next-best-thing-to-a-GTI concept, I鈥檝e gone for the most powerful petrol. So before long I had the 拢18,522 VW parked on my drive. The GT looks pretty similar to a GTI and, if you mumble, hard-of-hearing passersby might think it鈥檚 one too. Anoraks will point out that the front grille is different and the GTI sideskirts are missing, but let鈥檚 be honest: most folks couldn鈥檛 tell the two Golfs apart. I鈥檝e given the options list more of a work out than most owners ever will. We鈥檒l find out over the next six months. But what makes this test really interesting is the engine and whether the GT - just 拢1500 cheaper than the 197bhp GTI in 168bhp trim - can make a case for itself against its brilliantly rounded big brother. So, that engine then. It鈥檚 a well-rated engine, picking up 鈥榖est new engine鈥?at the 2006 International Engine of the Year awards. The figures don鈥檛 quite add up and you鈥檙e best off holding out for the GTI. But the GT鈥檚 got six months to change my mind.





One very large museum with an extensive collection of over 400 cars is the Haynes International Motor Museum at Sparkford in Somerset. It houses the largest collection of the world's greatest cars. And for traveling families, there is an adventure play area, Super Diggers, soft play bus, and a children's activity center. The first hall contains cars from birth to 1910 such as a 1900 clement 2.25hp Voiturette. Hall 5 exhibits a blend of veteran, vintage, Edwardian and classics. Here one can find a 1931 Duesenberg Model J Derham bodied Tourster and a Jaguar collection. Hall 7 is devoted to motor sport and exhibits racing cars such as the 1996 Ferrari Formula 1 Type F310(DC) and the 1926 BugatiT35B. There is also a display of restored British motorcycles and an exhibit of rare speedway bikes. The Millennium Hall is devoted to cars from the last 25 years that could become the classics of the future, for example the 1981 Volkswagen Golf Gti and the 1998 Jaguar X1220.