Sunday, December 6, 2020

Production Anniversary At Volkswagen

Production Anniversary At Volkswagen





Text and photo from Volkswagen AG. WOLFSBURG, Germany - The world鈥檚 24 millionth Golf was produced today at Volkswagen in Wolfsburg. The anniversary model is a 2.0 litre TDI, 103 kW Golf Comfortline in tornado red. 鈥淭he Golf is top of the new registrations list in Western Europe and the highest-selling vehicle in the Volkswagen Group鈥? commented Production Board member Reinhard Jung at the celebrations on Tuesday. The Golf is now built at seven Volkswagen factories: Wolfsburg, Mosel, Brussels, Sarajevo/Bosnia and Herzegovina, Uitenhage/South Africa, Changchun/China and Curitiba/Brazil. The model鈥檚 success story began in 1974. In 2002, Golf production figures surpassed Beetle production, thus setting a new record at Volkswagen. Production of the fifth-generation Golf commenced in October 2003. The latest generation also includes the R32, the most powerful Golf of all time, where production started in August. In total, Europe鈥檚 leading automaker delivered some 719,000 Golf to customers worldwide last year. Major markets in Europe include Germany, the UK, France and Italy. Key sales markets for the Golf outside Europe are the USA, Japan and South Korea.





I鈥檓 pleased to say this update also fixed two of my issues. I have a 2011 Golf TDI with an RCD510. I also had the skipping problem at the beginning of each song when using my iPod nano. After skipping to the next song in album or playlist on my iPod nano, the MD3 tag info would stay from the previous song that I had skipped to for the next track. It got to be so annoying, I started using my SDCard slot more often. 20 from a shop in Singpore. It took about 1.5 weeks to arrive via parcel post. Problem with iPod Classic 160GB still not fixed. When connected, it always shows the list of items like Albums, Artists, Podcasts from Z to A, the sorting is wrong. I just did this update. Worked like a charm and fixed my iPhone skipping issue as reported by many others. Also seems as if it accesses my iPhone way faster than before! This update fixed my iPod skipping problem too!





I use my Blackberry connected to a USB cable which has been working fine via MDI. Hooking this phone up using bluetooth and it works fine via head unit, obviously no playback control but it does work. I have had this before but have resolved it, just cant remember what I did, if i can work it out I will post back my findings. About to try it out now鈥? I am having the exact same issue with a Bold. Mass Storage Enabled. Did you ever figure this out? I just did this update to fix an issue I am having with a brand new 160GB iPod. The music shows up, I can hit 鈥減lay鈥濃€ut nothing happens. It just freezes up everything. I did the update鈥ame thing. It sounds like Columbus was having odd problems, but at least the player was playing music. I am searching the web like mad, but you know how it can get. Does anyone have a fix for my Passat. Tried to connect several latest version ipods(1.04).





Each time the response is this : Media In : Device without function. The dealer says that they will have to pull the head unit out etc. Not sure they actually know. Should I leave it to them with all the mucking around that will involve or is there a quicker fix? Hi Richard, are you using the correct Ipod cable, and not the USB cable with an adaptor? I have the latest updates on both iPhone (iOS 5) and MDI, and I am still unable to get track information or control through Bluetooth. How can I solve this? Also, when connected to the iPod/iPhone cable, I do have full control and track listings, but it is somewhat glitchy. Sometimes, when the track changes, the information is not updated. As stated file limit on the Mix All functionality is still not fixed. Do you need a ipod/iphone mdi cable or can you use the usb cable and plug in the normal iphone cable into that as im gettin a 鈥榥ot functional鈥?error and was getting 鈥榥ot supported鈥?before update. I just purchased a GLI and im also having the issues of unable to connect my i-touch鈥︹€?





3 hours鈥?and they told me Apple. New update 5.1 has gone ahead of the software for the VW cars鈥︹€?the mechanics i-phone 3g worked but mine nor my friends would work in the car鈥? 鈥? doesn鈥檛 work鈥?do i need to update my i-touch with a special file or should i go and downgrade my i-touch to a later update to 4.8 or 5.0? I borrowed my friends VW media in device not functional 2012 VW CC. I decided I was glad I bought American, my Cadi never gives me any problems and I can download all my songs from my ipod onto my cadi鈥檚 media player. VW I will never buy it works like crap. I鈥檓 very happy with my Colombus ( rns510 ) , and latest MDI fireware, it plays ALL my MP3鈥檚. 73000 files and 5300 folders. I only have a iphone/ipod connector to my MDI cable, and i have the RNS510 unit, is there anyway i can install this firmware without the need for a USB adapter cable? No, you can鈥檛 install the MDI update without the USB lead/cable. Hi, i wish the Device played file lossless too, as 鈥淔LAC鈥?