Sunday, June 23, 2019

Brand New Volkswagen From Old School Cars

gangway corridor office in chaos white
Volkswagen's new range of cars is a combination of its old models and new technology. Most of the current models still have some traces of the old designs of their predecessors. Foremost among these is the New Beetle. From its name alone, it can be inferred that the brand is a redesign of the old Type 1 Beetle car, the heart and soul of the Volkswagen brand. The New Beetle's "gene" is undoubtedly an offspring of the historic Beetle. It bears a striking resemblance to the older version. The new generations of the Rabbit/Golf, Polo and Passat models are of no exception as well. It seems that Volkswagen will not go away with the "looks" that made its cars famous. Despite the apparent likeness of the new versions, Volkswagen made great effort to give its new cars a new look. The new Golf, for example, has been given a rigid, sporty appearance. The tail end of the car makes the most striking difference with new designs.


The new Golf's body is also designed with prominent lines on the sides and a highly glossed radiator grille. The new Passat CC, meanwhile, has a dynamic, elegant and modern interior design. The interior trims are made of high quality Walnut and Vavona woods with Titanium Silver inlays. Its body, while retaining the old coupe design, has been added with a muscular line below the window of its doors. This feature was added to allow a smooth passage of the wind, thus preventing a barrier on the car's speed. The new range of Volkswagen contract hire cars jives really well with the new generation. The carmaker is now offering a clean-diesel technology to several of its brands. Models such as the Beetle, Golf and Jetta have Turbocharged Direct Injection (TDI) diesel engines that landed on the list of top ten fuel-efficient cars in the United States. This new technology will allow all TDI diesel engine Volkswagen cars to be driven with biodiesel fuel. However, Volkswagen has not yet introduced an electric car into the market.


That stopped me even thinking about evacuation because it was impossible to see anything. As I pondered these things it suddenly got much darker outside, like midnight. That's when I called my sister Robyn, in Camden about 3 hours north. I explained the situation and my brother-n-law, John, who has years of mine rescue experience told me to plug my downpipes, fill my guttering with water and hose down the roof. With him on the hands free I manipulated the ladder and climbed up, now in pitch dark, and did as he told me. There was a pelting of something like rain and I told him about it. He could not understand that. Then there was an enormous wind. It was like a tornado and it sounded like a massive freight train passing through. Later I would discover than my peach tree was split in half and most of it was knocked over.


Later I discovered that the "rain" was in fact embers and that there were little burns over my arms and legs. Having hosed down the roof, front and back, I noticed the neighbors in a huddle across the street. It was getting a bit lighter and on speaking to them I discovered that the whole of Mount Taylor, about a hundred meters from the house, had gone up in flames. The electric sub-station had gone with it, thus explaining the sudden blackout. A house was destroyed in my street and in the next street another house was blown down with several losing their roofs. Loud explosions could be heard in all directions and it was probably car petrol tanks but a neighbor said it could be gas bottles. By 5p.m. we could breath again but the drama was not over. It was unbelievable that no warnings were sounding, no alarms were ringing, no evacuations were ordered.