Sunday, June 23, 2019

Driving In Those Heels?

Brilliant ad. I think I remember this ad from way back in '87. I have a 03 1.6 petrol VW Golf Highline, and it's a great car for sure. And yes it has always started in the morning, without fail. She recently passed the NCT (MOT to you brits) very late last month. The car is also fantastic on gas, and gets about 49 to 54mpg, sometimes more. I know this because I got 560 miles quite a few times. 1987, when boyfriends cheated, and Volkswagen didn't. Felt like a coffin! I was looking for this commercial or something like it for ages. Except I remembered it differently, the music was better and I thought it was by Honda or Toyota. From what I can recall, the model was smoking hot and she was tossing her jewelry but decided to keep the car. I think they might've made other versions on this same theme. If this was the only version then I guess I had it wrong-some ads are done so well they stick with you a long time. Is that street Stanhope Mews South, Gloucester Road, London SW7 ?


Volkswagen advertisment analysisIf so it was where Colin Firths character Galahad lived in the film the Kingsman. I remember this very well, a lady had written to VW after watching this advert, asking if she could have the fur coat and they sent it to her, true story, think I'd have asked for the car lol! The song is from Oh Lucky Man. If only everything in life WERE as reliable as a Volkswagen - it's a subjunctive clause. Does anyone know what happened to the golf ? Yes, 10 years before! And I do not know what I'm missing but, as someone about at the time, I recall no comparisons with Diana whatsoever, and still see no reason why there would be; so all in all a fail of a comment. I used to love this advert. I hope all goes well for her this year. Clever ad - Nice direction from David Bailey. I remember what can impact it had.


Awesome ad and all, but if anyone's played the visual novel Planetarium by Key Visual Arts, then doesn't its main theme sound awfully familiar? Paula Hamilton was a foxy lady in that fur coat I love how her marriage has just broken down but oh well she still has her trusty reliable Volkswagen he he great advert it gets straight to the point. … my mum used to dress like that for work with the big sweepy hair also. She shouldn't be upset at her man for cheating. He just traded her in on a younger model. Just like I do with my cars every few years. You wouldn't expect a guy to still keep around a 1987 Volkwagen, would ya? Driving in those heels? EJ205T you ever driven a old golf GTI? Loved the ad, loved the music first time round. Commercials these days have fallen far below what adverts were in the 80s mate. Words cannot describe how much I love this advert!


She's been house-sitting sor Sarah Miles for months but turned up here the other day in a 2005 silver Alfa (big improvement) looking very well. There were at least two version of this ad - one was used in Canada, and it showed her getting into the other side of the car to drive away. Because of protests over the music, the music (at least in the Canadian edition) was then changed. Anyone have either of the Canuck versions? Paula was my 'dream babe' who i fell in love with the fist time i saw this advert. I know she had a bit of a tough time in life after and trust everything is now 'back on the rails'? Give her my love! I always loved this video because I thought it was very stylish. After the British Volkswagen importers sold this press car it was bought by someone who lived about 400 meters from the Abbey Road Studio, in one of the most expensive corners of London. It's on emule - search for "Alan Price Changes" and also on torrents. You might know he is a very respected as a musician. I seem to remember the church brigade objected to this commercial being shown on a Sunday because the "What a friend we have in Jesus" song basis, so the aired the ad very late,about 3 minutes before midnight Saturday. This advert raised commericals to a new level of art, a classic, even after all these years,todays commerical makers can learn lessons from this one ! Well spotted. That was part of the joke. Paula is my girl next door now - literally. She drives an old green Hyundai now though. One of the best VW-Spot ever! I love the Song.