Sunday, June 23, 2019

To Make The Comparison Realistic

EN Full electric (FEV) and plug-in hybrid (PHEV) vehicles are promising, forward-looking technologies to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and other pollution related to road transport. The powertrain of a FEV is composed of a battery, control electronics and the electric motors. A PHEV has much lower battery capacity but it contains an extra internal combustion engine and gearbox. Many argue that FEVs are more energy-efficient than internal combustion engines. However, this energy needs to be stored in heavy, large-capacity battery packs that require plenty of energy and resources to produce as well as highly polluting rare earth elements mining. In this article, an environmental comparison of FEVs and PHEVs is shown using life cycle assessment (LCA). To make the comparison realistic, two models similar in size and power have been selected: Volkswagen E-Golf FEV and Volkswagen GTE PHEV. Results show that the production of FEVs need more energy and it means more burden on the environment however during the use phase it causes less emissions. Since the local electricity production mix and, in case of PHEVs, the user behaviour highly affects the results, three different countries (Hungary, Poland and Norway) and two different use types are considered. The quantified environmental footprints as well as the break-even distances are presented. Sensitivity of the results towards the assumed conditions during the whole design lifetime of the vehicles is discussed.


2015 Volkswagen Golf 1.8T S Oceanside CA 30017269

Then I did a search online and your post was one of the top to show up. I called pep boys (Redlands, CA) and they had the part, although they were skeptical that it would be the solution. Picked up the brake light switch for 9.99 and installed back at home in about 3 minutes (the hardest part was finding a towel to put on the ground to kneel on). I now have brake lights and I can shift from park without accessing the shift unlock button. I'm going to try to fix my 2007 aveo its a shame we have to do this .. Thank you thank you! I didn't even know my lights were not working. I just thought it was weird that I couldn't move my car out of park without the emergency break lock and my Dad alerted me to the fact that my break lights were out. Since he isn't here to help me put the part in (I also had it order the part) your instructions have helped me immensely!


Thanks for the help. I was having a tough time trying to find the dang part. I'm good with engines, not electrical stuff. Wow, you were the first hit when I typed in 'chevy aveo brake lights not working' and sure enough, that was the problem! I know how to change a tire and a light bulb, but otherwise no mechanical aptitude here, and it only took me about two minutes. My car CONSTANTLY gets stuck in park, but this was the first time the brake lights all went out - maybe that was the problem all along! Thanks for the info! My car just did this today, I hope that is all that is wrong with it. You just saved me big time. I just replaced the part and the break lights are working great. THANK YOU SO MUCH! Thank you so much! Sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner. I ended up purchasing the part through a local Chevy dealership since I had a tough time finding it other places (and I wanted to be sure it was the correct part for my year and model).


I have the EXACT same problem with my '08 Aveo, and we just tried fixing it ourselves. We know it's the brake switch, but I need to know where to buy it, any suggestions? Gee, you think you could provide a part number? Just did this in 2 minutes thanks to you! I couldn't find anything else near as descriptive. Thank you so much for posting this! I have an Aveo (standard). For the info of your followers, the standard version has a switch (neutral safety switch) above the clutch which. If the metal inside this breaks then your car won't start - period. It is the same proceedure as you describe to change this switch above the clutch. One little hint though it is sometimes easier to twist the switch off and then unplug the wiring. I actually took the safety switch apart and soddered the tiny metal pieces back together and then reassembled it and re-installed it. My 9 yr old daughter helped and was over the moon to think that she helped fix the car! I too have an 05 aveo having the same issue right now thinking it was gonna be super expensive.. Thank you so much for your description. I am going to attempt it tomorrow.


The 2009 Volkswagen Tiguan has a drag coefficient of 0.37 Cd. What is the drag coefficient of the 2011 Volkswagen Touareg? The 2011 Volkswagen Touareg has a drag coefficient of 0.37 Cd. What is the drag coefficient of the 2004 Volkswagen GTI? The 2004 Volkswagen GTI has a drag coefficient of 0.31 Cd. What is the drag coefficient of the 2011 Volkswagen Jetta? The 2011 Volkswagen Jetta has a drag coefficient of 0.30 Cd. What is the drag coefficient of the 2005 Volkswagen GTI? The 2005 Volkswagen GTI has a drag coefficient of 0.31 Cd. What is the drag coefficient of the 2005 Volkswagen Jetta? The 2005 Volkswagen Jetta has a drag coefficient of 0.30 Cd. What is the drag coefficient of the 2013 Volkswagen Touareg? The 2013 Volkswagen Touareg has a drag coefficient of 0.37 Cd. What is the drag coefficient of the 2006 Volkswagen Jetta? The 2006 Volkswagen Jetta has a drag coefficient of 0.31 Cd. What is the drag coefficient of the 2010 Volkswagen Tiguan? The 2010 Volkswagen Tiguan has a drag coefficient of 0.37 Cd.