Sunday, June 23, 2019

Speak EV - Electric Car Forums

2016 Volkswagen e-Golf - CarHagg - Changing the Way ...
Welcome to Speak EV, the electric car forum for all EV owners and enthusiasts. Our aim is to create the best, most inclusive EV forum for all makes and models of electric car. We'd love for you to join up and join in. It's quick, simple and free! Which colour will you buy your e-Golf in? Which colour will you buy your e-Golf in? I am tempted by Atlantic Blue, but I fear it will be a lot darker than in the Configurator pictures. White Silver is a safe choice. It's going to have to be the Indium Grey for us, boring but the only colour we can both agree on! When we saw the White Silver in the showroom we decided to go for that. I saw a Black Golf in the showroom and it looked great, but my last two cars have been black! The Atlantic Blue looks a bit weird on many pics on Google, so not too sure about that. So, if I don't want Black again it's probably between White Silver and Indium Grey.


But, looking at the white car outside the window, I'm thinking white could look pretty smart. I think I'll ask! The black looks nice, but exactly the same as my ZOE. So, Indium Grey it is! Jonathan Oates likes this. Nobody likes Peacock Green then! My 4yo son actually wanted me to get Peacock Green. 5yo daughter wants me to get the Yellow (which is so vulgar it isn't even in this poll?!). I said the yellow looks a bit dirty, it's not a bright yellow. She said "Why don't we go to a different garage that cleans their yellow then?"! Jp1 and Tim Ostler like this. They really should give the full range of colours, they have some great colours but they aren't availble in the eGolf. We wanted a change as we currently have all grey cars. The only one that we thought we would want that we both agree on was the white silver.


It isn't great, but it isn't a dark grey, silver or white, all colours we didn't want. We considered black but like chrome trims to stop it looking too plain. The eGolf seems to be missing most of the chrome trims. Now I’ve seen a few White Silver on the road now and I’m going off it. It looks too ‘blue’. Have a look to see what cars your local dealer has in the respective colours (doesn't have to be an e-golf or even a golf). I changed my mind about my GTE colour about 20 times before I actually went to the dealership to see what the colours look like on the cars. Yeah, I'm glad I went the dealer or I would've ordered Atlantic Blue or even worse, White Silver! Yeah, I'm glad I went the dealer or I would've ordered Atlantic Blue or even worse, White Silver!


I’d like to see Atlantic Blue on a Golf, otherwise it will be Tungsten Silver. I’d like to see Atlantic Blue on a Golf, otherwise it will be Tungsten Silver. It looks good in photos but it seemed kinda purpleish to me when bright light reflected of it, so looked a bit weird. Based on the pics, I probably would've gone with it! When looking at colour choices I think it is important to see the colour on the model you are likely going to buy. Maybe it's just me but I do find that different colours suit different models, a shade that looks good on a say a Polo, the same colour can look totally different on say the body style of a Tiguan. I have seen three Golf's all along side each other in the show room only a couple of weeks ago. They had been all fully prepped ready for a special sales promo due to start the following day.