Sunday, October 20, 2019

Mods And Repairs: August 2019 //////\\\\\\




Is a Volkswagen Jetta a good car? I'm thinking of buying a 2002 Volkswagen Jetta. It's in good condition from what I can see. Has around 90,000 miles. I really wanted a 2003 Nissan Altima but I keep finding sold ones or 2002s which have all those recalls. I've only ever had one car before (98 Nissan Sentra) and it was a good car which is why i wanted to go with Nissans again (the Altima's body looks so much better at the year range I'm going for). A dealer friend of my moms just has this Jetta and it's been so long since I've been looking for a car. The body looks similar in pictures and I like the interior. I just want to know if they are good cars. I did a little research, not many complaints on the car but I don't know much about cars and how to pick good ones out.





Also the price is pretty low compared to other cars I'm finding in that year range so that was a little suspect. Volkswagen is a good car, jettas aren't the most attractive car, but german engineering is amazing. Volkswagen is a good brand and Jetta is a good model. Go for it if you don't mind its look because many people don't like it. Many friends of mine who own Jetta from 1998 model to latest model, no one has any complaint so far. Did the previous owners take care of it and is it in good condition, have it inspected if you are not sure by a shop other than the one selling it. Me I latched onto a 2003 GLI with 126,000 miles 3 years ago and it has been nothing but stellar for me. No one in town wanted it and I stole it for 8,000 bucks. Everyone was afraid of the miles. Run a CarFax on it too!





My wife and I have owned many cars . Fords, Mazdas, and others. We bought our 1st VW years ago and because of its economy, attention to safety and all-around reliability, we have stayed with the VW brand. In 2005 we purchased a Jetta. It has over 90,000 dependable miles on it. If it ever wears out, we will get another one. Of course, I cannot guarantee that the Jetta you are considering will be as great as ours, odds are that if it was even partially well-taken care of, it should be a good car for you. I suggest that any car, Nissan included, you have a good mechanic check it out. Another important item to check is the engine's timing belt. Most manufacturers have these belts on their 4 cylinder engines. So have it inspected right away. If its worn or has cracks in it, replace it . Typically, most mechanics say replace them at abt.





Adding oil to my 06 vw gti? My 2006 vw gti 2.0 is running very low on oil (i am due for an oil change and am going to get one within the next couple of days). Castrol Syntec w10-40, is it safe to add that oil and use it for the next day or two before i get the oil changed? 5w40 and added it, i have an appointment tomorrow to get it changed to castrol syntec 5w-40. thanks for the help guys. Not the best of Solutions but it is better than no oil at all. Sure. It's better to have any kind of oil in than none at all. It will be fine. But then get the oil change so that you'll have the right type of oil in your engine. NO DO NOT ADD THE OIL. GET IT CHANGED NOW. 5w-40 (which is standard on the GTi) then you cannot put 10w-30. ten weight thirty is much different oil than five weight forty. 60k miles, do not use synthetic oil. 60k miles. by destroy i mean reduce engine life.





I just got my license plates for it and I tried putting them on and did the front one with no trouble. The back one doesn't seem to have screws on it, though. There are only two and they won't turn. My parents think the only way to do it is to take apart the trunk. Any idea how I can get my back license plate on? The back has what looks like two screws, but they aren't because when you try to turn them, the screwdriver only tears at it, and they won't turn. I'm confused. You say the back one doesn't have screws, and then there are two that wont turn. Is it stuck on and the screws are dummies ? Try spraying some wd-40 or liquid wrench on them. I had a 2006 Jetta and want to know if it had disk brakes or drum brakes. 2011 Volkswagens are going to be drum brakes.