Sunday, June 7, 2020

I Don't Understand Is He Correct?

I Don't Understand Is He Correct?





When I initially bought my VW Polo 2.0L she was a thrill to drive. Her speed was instant, cornering was really good and road holding never better. She was a joy to drive, very unlike my VW Golf II, but then I started getting car troubles, which were many and varied. My first encounter with VW agents was a disaster. After they "repaired" my EPC fault they charged me a ridiculous sum of money, only to experience the same EPC problem the following day. Many thanks for your help, very much appreciated - particularly as you've probably save me many pounds. Anonymous sent this:- I have a '07 Polo 1.4 16v BUD. I don't have any lights on the dash, but the engine seems really weak through mid revs and is using a bit too much fuel. When I hook up my OBDII there are no faults recorded but when I view the throttle position in real time it doesn't seem to open in a linear manner. As I press the pedal on the road, the throttle valve seems to open slower than the position of the pedal.





100% throttle. As you can see WOT does give WOT at the throttle body, but I don't generally drive with my foot planted on the floor. I am confused why it does this as you would expect the throttle body to open the same amount as the pedal, could it need alignment? On drive by wire model vehicles the throttle doesn't open like legacy cable throttles because its electronically controlled. Durell Dunn left this:- I am currently experiencing the same problem with my 2003 polo,1.4. The car goes into limp mode and on some occasions switches off in traffic, hectic ! I will use your method. Loci sent this:- Hi. I have a problem with my Volkswagen Polo 1.4 Tdi. It seems to have a good start but after I drive for around 35 minutes it loses the power so I could not pass 2000 giro. Thank you for your suggestions. Anonymous asked:- My car is a polo 1.4 2012 model.





What could be wrong? The trouble can be one of many things, among which are your accelerator pedal, throttle body, knock sensor, Fuel pump pressure, even a loose fuel cap. You need to check through each systematically but for that you at least need a scan of your vehicle. Lee Kyprian left this:- Everyone who has ever owned a car has experienced the confusion and even panic which can arrive when your check engine light suddenly comes on. Abror Isoqov sent this:- Hello. My car is VW Golf 1.6 16v and I have a problem with acceleration it has no enough power. It accelerates very slow and at 5th gear it can get max 130 km/h. At neutral position when engine gets about 5000 rpm the EPC light comes on. After restarting the engine it goes off. Tester didn't determine any trouble codes. What can cause for this problem. I went about 7-8 auto services but any of them could help. But I didn't go to VW dealer because it will be very expensive.





125 just for diagnostic. Please help me with this issue. What you explaining is limp mode and everything else seems very odd. Because by the time the EPC light does go on, a DTC is already set which any scan tool should be able to retrieve. Unless there is a problem with you DLC wiring, so that communication between vehicle and scan tool is erroneous. I have covered this problem quite substantially in previous blogs and it in your interest to ready through them. Anonymous sent this:- My VW Jetta 2002 1.8t stopped me on the highway and it refused to rev and the mechanic says it is the brain box. I don't understand is he correct? Yes he is correct, problem lies in the ECM circuit but not necessarily the ECM itself. Dude you need to get your car scanned to get a better idea of the actual problem. I read your blogs and saw writings from you about the CAN bus protocol. I have a problem to understand something on my cars OBD connector and the CAN bus line. Can you please help me maybe? Can we talk about? The likely hood is that your VW Polo isn't CAN compliant because its still a 2003 and used KWP-1281 and KWP-2000 protocols. All VW's after 2008 is fully CAN compliant.