Monday, November 30, 2020

Global Top 10 January 2019

Global Top 10 January 2019





Hi Jose, nice work as usual thank you. I was wondering why there is no US sales for january? Not enough time. Besides, there are plenty of good reports out there, like on Cleantechnica or InsideEvs. But in February it's back! Ok thanks Jose for the reply. I thought the Model 3's 1875 was surely going to be good enough to rank - last year it would have been in 6th. This year it's not good enough to even mention it. Kelvin. A temperature unit starting from absolute zero. A prefix meaning thousand. 2200 Kelvin could be used to describe a warm white light. 2200 kilo would mean 2,2 million. A great unit to practice on is kWh. Another one is km/h. Not KM/H, kph or km/hr. I hope you take it as a learning opportunity. Sorry, you're right, Mikael, but I really sympathise with Anonymous' honest joy with the tremendous growth of the market. Thanks for the fantastic analyses, Jose! It鈥檚 not that strange, January last year was crap for China with only 6260 sales and this year 34 892 wish makes the total numbe4s in the world completely different. I wouldn鈥檛 take the percentage increase for January as any indication for what the increase for the year would be even if I would be very happy if the sales nearly doubled. 4 spot with 5.120 sales. That's great, normally Tesla sells more only in the quarter ending month.





Jon was next and he pumped out a mini hook that started down the right side and drew right back into the middle of the fairway. I was up next and I had some nerves but nothing unusual. I didn't catch it perfectly but my drive started right center and drew softly back toward the middle in perfect position just past Jon's ball. Preston's drive started nicely down the middle but also drew toward the bunkers, getting a nasty kick to the left into the church pews! We got to see someone hit from there! We looked for Harry's ball for about five minutes but couldn't find the thing! I've heard caddies don't really like losing their man's ball but Harry and Presto's caddy looked like he had spent the night at one of Pittsburgh's lovely watering holes. A bit rough around the edges but certainly a character. Harris was in relatively good spirits as you see above as he headed back to the tee. Cool shot above of Harry that I call 'Solitude'.





His troubles continued, as he hooked his shot weakly into the church pews and into a pretty nasty lie to boot. You can see what he was looking at in the shot below. Harry would eventually get himself out on his way to an ELEVEN on the hole. Oakmont rears its ugly head early! I had 152 yards uphill to a flag that was completely blind, even from my position in the middle of the fairway. The ball was slightly above my feet and in an effect similar to playing the 7th at Lookout Point, the green was tilted in a direction OPPOSITE to the fairway tilt, something you can see in the shot below. I chose an 8-iron for the shot and hit it perfectly on my intended line. I wasn't exactly enamoured with the result upon closer inspection, as my ball released through the green and into the rough over the back right of the green.





I wasn't in bad shape though - Jon got unlucky with his approach as well and ran right through the chipping area behind the green into the rough well back. He would duff his chip, hit his next one to about 10 feet and make it for a great bogey. I hit a really nice chip to four feet and pretty much had my only straight putt of the entire day. I'd MISS IT and have a five foot comebacker. I was able to ram home that one for a bogey on my first hole. The Church Pews again penalize an errant drive left and bunkers in the right rough are very severe. However, for the long hitters, this par 5 is reachable and definitely a birdie hole. We were playing the blue tees so this hole is quite a bit more benign than what the tour players see during the open. It really becomes a matter of how bold you want to be with your line off the tee. I decided to attempt a slight draw off the second bunker and pulled it off perfectly, leaving a fairway approach from about 255 yards.





I double-crossed myself with my 2-iron rescue, hooking one well left of the green when I was attempting a cut shot. I was pretty fortunate with my lie and had about 40 yards to a pin cut in the front of the green. My lob wedge cleared the bunkers on the front left, landed on the green and rolled about 20 feet past the hole, leaving myself a makeable birdie putt. I'd leave it short but tap in for the routine par. The shot below is of Jon putting out on the fourth green as Harry and Preston look over their putts as well. Use a long iron off the teeing ground and approach this green with short irons. This very undulating green makes putting difficult, but there should be some birdies here. This was our first blind tee shot of the day. My caddy left me with the words "aim at the drinking fountain in the distance by the fourth tee box" and handed me a 4-iron as he took off up the fairway with the other caddies to await our shots.